This has been the BEST year of my life, to have the privilege to be Joey's mom is indescribable. One year ago, Kevin and I were going about a normal Saturday afternoon...we saw the movie Up, went to dinner, etc. We had no idea the most amazing little boy had just entered this world and we were only 24 hours away from THE call. I will never forget that moment, when I heard those words "a baby boy was born." I will never forget the frantic packing, the drive to Reno. I will never forget how beautiful A looked when we opened the door to her room, a soft amber light shining down on her. I will never forget the tears in her eyes as she said goodbye...the tears in my eyes as I said hello. Yes, this has definitely been the BEST year of my life...and every day I think of A and I thank A and I hope that this year has brought good things for her too.
Now I am getting teary writing this, so let's get to the pictures before I get too blubbery...



Reading his birthday card from A (he loved the music and kept opening and closing it)

opening his present

clapping, he likes the new summer clothes (they are in his signature green and orange colors)

Kevin sharing his love of Star Trek at an exhibit at a local aerospace museum

cooling off in his pool

being goofy in the pool

and the best part of the day, he took his first unassisted (well he is still assisted by the table) steps!

The bonus pic today is Joey's year at a glance (click it to make bigger)

I have a bunch of pictures from last week and yesterday too, I will do a different post so there isn't any competition from the first birthday post ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment