Saturday, June 19, 2010

1st Birthday Party

Last Sunday was Joey's big first birthday party! It was a beautiful (if a little hot) day, our friends and family all came out to celebrate (My parents even drove up for the day). Joey had fun "eating" his cake, it only took me a couple days to recover from all the baking and preparation I did :)

Hanging out with Great-Aunt Pat and the balloons (there was a giant 1 balloon that promptly flew away as soon as we arrived at the park...oh well)



Guests at the craft table (making instruments and decorating hats)


When I planned this party Joey was taking a short morning nap and a long late afternoon nap, of course the week of the party his nap schedule changed to mid day...so this is what happened shortly after guests started to arrive...



after nap, he was ready to eat lunch with Yaya


all the cupcakes I made (mmmm, they were so good)


Joey's drum cake before it completely melted (mental note, buttercream + hot day = bad idea)


cake time










after a change of clothes, looking like he needs another nap


with my Aunt Tami who helped us with the party, we could not have done it without her


Back home, after a shower and PJs, time to open gifts...

He is more interested in my water


Some of his friends decorated the wrapping

snuggling with his new puppy

next day, playing with his new ball popper and being silly



Instead of bonus pictures, I have bonus videos today!

this one is a little long, but he walked a laundry basket all the way around the dining room and kitchen (excuse the mess, this was the same day as the party and we just unloaded everything into the kitchen)


This one just melts my heart, I have been singing "twinkle, twinkle" to him since he was new and I always use hand gestures for the twinkle and make a diamond with my fingers. He just started doing the hand gestures (well, his version of them) and it totally made me cry the first time he did it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment