While we were having a playdate, Kevin's work surprised him with a daddy shower. They were so generous, so we repayed them with cookies and a visit to the office. I had not done any baking since Joey was born, so I was happy for an opportunity to bake my famous chocolate chip cookies. Joey was having a "mommy needs to hold me all the time" day, so I put him in the moby and we made cookie dough (he still has at least a year or two before he can help me measure the flour and lick the bowl). On Thursday, we headed off to daddy's work and I held Joey as everyone oohed and ahhhed over him...declaring him the cutest baby ever and we agree! It was so nice to spend a few hours with Kevin during a weekday, what a treat :)
We also got a playmat this week, I thought Joey was getting bored just looking at me ;) He is digging all the colors and sounds it makes but still only likes it for about 10 minutes.
Our final big outting this week was for a family date. Today marks the 5th anniversary of our first date, and every year we go back to the same restaurant we shared our first meal together. This year we went as a trio, then did some shopping at the mall. It was a fun date, too bad we couldn't bring Toughy too for a full family adventure :)
And, now for the pictures...
The new playmat, of course as soon as I put him on it for tummy time, he fell asleep!


we tried again the next day and he was a bit more intrigued


At daddy's work, about to get a diaper change on the desk

The family that wears plaid together, stays together!

Date night


This weekend is busy, we have two baby showers. One for my cousin and one for us :) So, I'm sure I will have a ton of pics on Monday and stories to tell ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment