Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Showers

What a busy weekend! On Saturday Joey and I went to my cousin's baby shower (she is having a baby boy next month!). A bunch of my extended family was there so Joey was passed around a lot, poor baby was only given back to me when he needed a diaper change. After the shower, my other cousin's girls came over and were fascinated with the baby. They had just been to Sea World and were showing Joey their whale. Joey was fascinated by them, I can tell he is going to be a ladie's man. A couple of my uncles also held him and when they did Joey just smiled and cooed (they are my dad's brothers so I'm thinking he liked their voices because they sounded like Papa). I also won two shower games, I guessed how big the belly is (I am really good at this one, I win at most showers) and how many gumballs were in a giant bottle (when I was in 8th grade I won a contest at the mall guessing how many hershey kisses were in a pyramid...I guessed 25,987 and there were 25,978 winning me $500 in mall gift certificates which is like a million dollars to a 14 year old ;) )We finally made it home where Kevin had been working hard on the yard and homework.

A couple of my friends planned a kind of baby open house for us (we didn't call it a shower since we didn't want people to feel obligated to bring gifts and we didn't have any games). They needed to use my house, so I spent Sunday morning feverishly cleaning while Kevin was on baby duty. My friend, Lauren, made an assortment of delicious appetizers and a yummy sherbet punch. My other friend, Jennie, made cupcakes with animals for Noah's ark, they were so adorable (and yummy too). Several ladies from my PEO chapter and Kevin's brother's family came. It was very nice, and can I say one more time, delicious ;) I limited the baby handling since he had been passed around so much on Saturday, so Joey hung out with daddy most of the day.

We spent today relaxing and recovering and uploading pictures...

Joey fascinated by my cousin's daughter
Photobucket
the girls showing Joey their whale
Photobucket
my grandmother surrounded by three of her 26 (almost 27) great-grandchildren
Photobucket
A random shot, we got Toughy and Joey each their own stuffed Dug (they were buy one get one free) from the movie "Up." When you push on it's paw it speaks and Toughy was fascinated but terrified by it
Photobucket

We put Joey on the boppy for some tummy time and he fell asleep, I love how he puts his hand under his cheek
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Can you tell how tired he was Saturday night
Photobucket


Our Sunday shindig
Photobucket
smiling at Daddy
Photobucket
I just think this picture is funny
Photobucket
three generations of Simpson men
Photobucket
The dessert table
Photobucket
close-ups of the cupcakes, so cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket

one more, Joey checking himself out in the mirror
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment