Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend

The last week was very uneventful, Joey and I stayed inside in the air conditioned house and didn't do much. But, Saturday was 4th of July and the temperature finally dropped beneath the interior of an active volcano so we ventured out of the house. We took the boys for a walk around the Capital again (we like doing this, it is interesting, shaded and exactly 1 mile all the way around). No movies being filmed this time, in fact it was pretty quiet for a holiday. I didn't buy a patriotic outfit for Joey, but he already had a cute red, white and blue onesie so I figured that would do for holiday flair.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was late morning, so the heat was not at full capacity yet, but Toughy and his black fur were feeling it anyway...he laid down a lot (and sometimes Kevin joined him)
Photobucket
Joey decided the stroller just wasn't comfortable and being held would be so much better...good thing I brought a carrier with us.
Photobucket
and our requisite self-portrait...
Photobucket
Poor Toughy was so hot, good thing Sacramento is the city of trees
Photobucket
SQUIRREL!!
Photobucket
Joey is pretty tired after our walk
Photobucket
I had to take a picture of this, when he is sleeping he has to hold on to something. On my chest it is either my shirt or my necklace...unfortunately on Kevin it means chest hair, Ouch! This time, he was holding on to my shirt, look at those big hands!
Photobucket
The boys decided to hang out under the fan in the bedroom (please excuse the unmade bed, I have never been good at making beds)
Photobucket
Something was exciting
Photobucket
he must have known Mommy was coming to give him a kiss
Photobucket

Ma and Papa decided to come see us on their way home from a mini-vacation to the north coast. We decided to take a bath so we were nice and fresh :)
Photobucket
I thought we could get one more wear out of the doggone cute outfit before it was too small and it just barely fit...our growing boy is already wearing 3-6 months sizes!!
Photobucket
Ma and Papa were very excited to see their JoJo again!
Photobucket
When we went to lunch, they even opted to sit in the back to watch him in his carseat.
Photobucket
They made time for one more feeding before having to head home (we miss you already Ma and Papa)
Photobucket

It was a good weekend, it was nice to have Kevin home for three days. There will be another post tomorrow, when we celebrate Joey's one month birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment