Tuesday, July 21, 2009

6 weeks old

Joey is now 6 weeks old, but he thinks he is 6 months old! He is already 25 inches long, is holding his head at 90 degrees and I wouldn't be surprised if he started teething soon ;) It has been H-O-T here again so I took Joey and Toughy down to my parents for a few days last week (Kevin had to stay and work). We did great on the ride down, Joey slept the entire drive until about a mile away from my parents house when he woke up hungry. I was feeling so confident that I drove 130 miles with the dog and baby all by myself. Of course that confidence went out the window when between afternoon cluster feedings and traffic it took almost 6 hours to get home on Friday and I had a bit of a mommy meltdown. Turns out it was good I took both boys to the coast because our AC decided to stop working and poor Kevin had to spend the night in a 90 degree house! Fortunately a swift repairman had it all back in good order by the time we finally returned on Friday. Despite the traumatic drive home, we had fun in Santa Cruz, it was so nice to be outside past 10 am without melting. I even walked Joey and Toughy over to my grandmother's house on Thursday morning and because it was a weekday I was able to spend quality alone time with both my grandmothers.

On Saturday we had an early celebration of Kevin's birthday, his parents came over and watched Joey while we saw Harry Potter. Then I cooked one of Kev's favorite meals and indulged in my experimental baking...I was trying to re-create the chocolate chip cookie cupcakes from Cupcake Jones in Portland...they weren't exactly like the originals but I think they were pretty tasty :)

This is Joey's new favorite way to nap, you can see how long he is getting (Kevin is 6'2")
Photobucket
Photobucket

helping Daddy blow out his candle
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is from February when we were in Portland for my friend's wedding, this is was my cupcake inspiration ;)
Photobucket

After getting his PJ's on, he promptly fell asleep on Grandma, he likes to be up high and throw one of his arms over your shoulder
Photobucket

Since we were in town on a weekday, I had to bring Joey in so my mom could show off her new grandson to her coworkers
Photobucket
I think the look on his face says "uh, Ma, shouldn't you be working"
Photobucket
but, he enjoyed all the attention
Photobucket

In the evening, my parents worked as a team to entertain Joey
Photobucket
Photobucket

The reason we went to the coast, the need to wear a sweater in July!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment