Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aloha and Aaaachooo!

We all survived our trip to Hawaii! Of course we have the souvenir that keeps on giving, colds :( Hawaii was beautiful (and hot and humid), and it was nice spending quality time with Kevin's parents and Aunt Pat. We missed Kevin during the day as he was in class, but we did get to spend two afternoons with him and he was able to swim in the ocean once. We took a lovely drive around the island, visited the Dole plantation, the Pearl Harbor memorial and a Hawaiian history museum. We ate a lot of pineapple which was delicious and enjoyed some great restaurants. Joey did so well on the flight to Hawaii that other passengers made comments about how impressed they were...I should have known that would jinx us for the flight back. I started to get sick on Tuesday, was really sick on Thursday and Friday and ended up in the ER Saturday night with a severe asthma attack...apparently I am allergic to Hawaii. Joey seemed fine, he loved the Hawaiian breeze and spending an entire week without socks. Then, on Saturday he had a bit of a fever. By Sunday morning he still had a mild fever so I gave him a bit of Tylenol and then he promptly spit up his bottle all over him and me :( Obviously that Tylenol didn't get anywhere. I decided to wait until we were at the airport to try the Tylenol again. Everything seemed fine after the next dose and his temp was coming down.
So, we board the plane and take off. Joey drinks his bottle, everything is fine...until I decide to burp him! About ten minutes into the flight, I put him up on my shoulder where he promptly projected the entire 6 oz all over my back, the seat and the two people sitting behind us!! I was mortified, but they were so nice about it (I'm sure the flight attendants giving them free wine helped ;) Joey was such a trouper, he fell right to sleep after the "incident" and slept through most of the flight. Kevin and I have decided to stick with car travel for a while ;) Joey is still fighting his first cold but is on the road to recovery. Here is your reward for reading this long post...

at the San Francisco airport waiting to go through security
Photobucket
on the plane
Photobucket
Photobucket
finally arrived at the hotel and immediately got down to just the diaper...it was HOT
Photobucket
First sunrise in Oahu (we were still on California time)
Photobucket
walking around a botanical garden
Photobucket
Photobucket
on the train at the Dole plantation
Photobucket
two minutes later...
Photobucket
relaxing in the shade
Photobucket
can you see where Kevin stops and Joey starts?
Photobucket
Family potraits
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
With Grandpa
Photobucket
Group shot (Joey was asleep)
Photobucket
testing out the waters
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Aunt Pat "wearing" Joey
Photobucket
Stopping for drinks at the Royal Hawaiian
Photobucket
Joey and Diamond Head
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lounging on a walk
Photobucket
Visiting Pearl Harbor
Photobucket
on the boat to the USS Arizona
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tired family
Photobucket
At the Hard Rock
Photobucket
Photobucket
He loved the mirrors in the hotel elevator
Photobucket
Our last dinner
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Aloha!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment