Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Drool and sleep

Drool is now a part of our daily life. I just keep bibs, washcloths, my shirt sleeve available for spit clean-up and Joey thinks it's funny when I wipe his mouth. I have a feeling that this teething will go on for a while before any teeth actually show up. Joey is such a trooper, I know he is uncomfortable but he doesn't let it affect his generally cheery disposition :) I think we will miss that beautiful gummy smile when the teeth start appearing, but there is a whole world of food to explore and teeth are need for culinary adventures ;)

The other big news is (okay, before I say this out loud, knock on wood with me) the last two nights Joey has slept THROUGH THE NIGHT! I am talking 9pm to 7am!!! And, waking up with a big ol' smile on his face :D The first night it happened, I freaked out and ran into the nursery to find him sound asleep and perfectly fine in his crib. The funny thing is, I have been tired the last two days...how does that figure?? I think my body got used to sleeping in 2-4 hour bursts and doesn't know how to handle 8 hours straight. I still refuse to ask other parents how their babies sleep, that was the #1 question (actually it still is) from EVERYONE and after a while it got a little annoying so I made a "no sleep questions" vow ;)

Eh, enough talking, haven't taken many pics this week but here are a few...

Testing out his new highchair...not using it for eating yet, but he sits in it sometimes while I am cooking or baking and I try to put on an entertaining cooking show for him ;)
not too sure about it
Photobucket
are you sure I am supposed to be sitting in this thing?
Photobucket
ok, you're right, I LOVE it!
Photobucket

waking up from a Sunday afternoon family nap
Photobucket

sleeping on his activity mat...this is generally where he ends up taking his first morning nap
Photobucket

He is a big boy now and sleeps in his crib (can you tell he has a favorite sleeping pose)
Photobucket

1 comment: