Thursday, March 17, 2011

Musical prodigy!

(It only took three weeks, but Photobucket finally cooperated and I was able to upload the videos)

A few weeks ago, Joey and I headed down to Santa Cruz so that Kevin could have a few days to work on his dissertation.
It was raining when we arrived so Yaya pulled out the easel (and one of Papa's shirts) for art time.



The next day was full of sunshine so we headed to the park with Yaya and cousin Thomas





Then we headed over to UCSC for Sal's dance program (I don't have pictures of it, but it was cute). We just missed the history making snow that fell on campus, but it was still freezing cold when we arrived. Joey didn't make it through the whole program so we walked around the quad a bit and ended up finding a young lady playing the xylophone (only on a college campus). She was so sweet and let Joey play a bit.






On Sunday morning, it was still really cold but we all bundled up and headed to breakfast with Yaya and Papa





After breakfast, Joey and I surprised my Grandma (Gigi Em) by attending church with her. She goes to a Nazarene church (so it is a different experience from the Catholic Mass we are used to), the youth pastor was playing guitar and the pastor's son was playing drums. Joey was mesmerized watching the instruments being played and was able to give the drums a try after the sermon.








Another great weekend with Yaya and Papa...then I got sick and we were stuck for a couple extra days until I was well enough to drive home :P

Bonus pics/videos...fingerpainting at home





Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment