Saturday, July 9, 2011

A tale of two rainy birthday parties

I know I am a month late on this post...there have been some technical difficulties in the Simpson household, but I finally have all things working :)

I never would have expected that both planned birthday parties in JUNE would be rained out, but it all worked out for my puddle loving two year old! Party number one was in the park with my mom's group friends, it was a joint party with two other friends that were turning two the same week. When we arrived at the park there were a few gray clouds in the sky, as soon as we had everything set up the sky opened up and a torrential downpour ensued. Then it stopped and we quickly ushered all of the kids to the pinata which was broken just in time for the next deluge. Before round three of rain, all of the kids embraced the weather and went straight for the puddles. To a group of two and three year olds it was the best party ever...for the mommies it was a whirlwind of rain and mud! The second party was planned to be in my parent's backyard, but the crazy June weather struck again and we were forced to have our Dr. Seuss celebration indoors...of course some puddle stomping was had that day too. And let's get to the pictures...

The first birthday party was at the park with our playgroup, a couple little girls from the group were turning two the same week as Joey so we decided to do a group party. I made each of them little crowns and one of my mom friends made matching cookies as favors.
Lion Joey
Photobucket
with monkey Rylah and elephant Ella
Photobucket
Photobucket
cookies
Photobucket
the sun was still out so the girls got started on craft project
Photobucket
Kevin took a long lunch from work to be at the party, Joey was happy to show Daddy his playground skills
Photobucket
Photobucket
then the sky opened up and we all scurried for shelter
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
another break in the rain
Photobucket
just enough time to do the pinata
Photobucket
Photobucket
then it was time for the real fun...puddle stomping!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Party number two was in Santa Cruz at my parents, I originally planned an outdoor, Green eggs and ham themed brunch. Well, mother nature (again) had other plans and we were forced to stay inside.
I wanted to celebrate Joey's second year and put up pictures from each month
Photobucket
I tried to find the perfect Seussian shirt for his party to no avail...so, I just made one myself!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This cake will be my culinary masterpiece, I am very proud of the green ham cake :)
Photobucket
Joey had fun at his party
Photobucket
His favorite presents were his piano and ukulele
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
but, once again, his favorite part was puddle stomping :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day we headed down to a minus tide at the beach with my friend, Christina, her son and nephew. Nice to share our love of the beach with some of our valley friends.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

bonus pictures...we were down in Santa Cruz for over a week, and fortunately the weather did improve.
hanging at the park with Toughy and cousins
Photobucket
Photobucket
beating a drum at my cousin's high school graduation
Photobucket
playing in Yaya's backyard
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
stomping around in Papa's boots
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment