We will start off with some goofiness between Kev and Joey




Our playgroup spent a morning at a local gymnastics studio





We headed down to Santa Cruz for Veteran's day weekend, there was more silliness



We were able to see my friend, Millie, and her boys




having fun with Papa

Having fun with fall leaves at the park (and throwing them in the garbage)




Having too much fun carrying Grandma's purse around


fun with bubbles in the bath tub

And that brings us to Thanksgiving...we hosted this year, but I managed to severely injure my back the week before (I'm still not fully recovered) which forced me to accept help and scale back my plans a bit. It all worked out to be a wonderful (stress-free) day :)
The day before, Kevin's mom (Joan) and our nieces came up to hang with Joey while I did some baking and other prep work. I had the girls each make a centerpiece, they were very proud of their work...


Joey made sure they read him lots of stories *and he was very excited when his cousins came back the next day)

Thanksgiving! Of course, we had to start with the Parade

then appetizers



we were all thankful to be together






Joey learned how to "clink" his cup for a toast

he decided to serve half a duck magnet for an appetizer

The turkey comes out of the oven

ta-da...dinner

with a photo bomb from my mom

we all gathered around the table (actually it was two tables) and talked about what we were thankful for


(Kevin's dad is very happy because my dad brought a 1977 Cabernet Sauvignon to serve with dinner...I can now say I have tasted wine older than I am and it was delicious)




Of course, we had pie for dessert. Joey had TWO pieces of pumpkin pie because he knows how to play his Daddy and Papa ;)





after all the pie, time to get a little goofy with Daddy


After a long, fun day it was time for bed

Joey and Papa hanging out on Friday morning, I left the camera with them and they took some self-portraits (can you tell Joey is cutting some more molars)



He spent some time reading with Gigi (he brought the book to her and crawled up into her lap...so adorable)

Friday was also our 5th wedding anniversary, so we got gussied up and headed out for fancy dinner. First a toast with the wine served at our wedding (in front of pictures of the view from our ceremony site)

toasting with Joey

more schmoopiness


and this is what we found after dinner...ahhhhh

bonus video, Joey eating ice

another bonus video...catching him doing some imaginative play
No comments:
Post a Comment