Friday, October 1, 2010

Birthday Parties

A funny thing happens when you have a kid, then start to join groups with other moms and their kids...a LOT of birthday parties! We have been booked up every weekend for over a month! It has been fun, one of them had a petting zoo!! Not to mention all of the cake :D Other than all the birthday parties, we have just been doing our normal routine lately...Joey has had a word explosion the last couple of weeks (both spoken and in signs), it is amazing how quickly he is learning the world. I keep trying to catch things on video but I haven't been successful yet. He says "num num" (when things are tasty), "daddy," "banana," "down" (this is always accompanied by a dramatic hand gesture like I do with the dog), and "Yaya." I think he tried to say "papa" the other day but it came out more like "abba." He can sign more, all done, water, eat, milk, dog, and bird. He also does all the hand movements for the itsy-bitsy spider :) Alright, enough from me, here are the pictures...

One party was a place called ArtBeast, (it is a kids play and art studio) for Joey's friend, Sovi. Joey is being spun in a spin disk


Having some snacks with friends


discovering how handsome he is


playing piano with his friend, Claire



doing the party craft, making crowns (I have to admit that I love this picture because it is the "skinniest" picture I have ever taken)


the finished product



playing

cake with friends, doesn't get much better than that


Our next adventure wasn't a birthday party, it was a playgroup trip to funderland (a little, and very old amusement park). Joey loves horses, so as soon as he saw all the horses on the carousel he got immediately excited. I have been wanting to take him on the carousel at the boardwalk so I thought this would be a good trial run.

He starts off a little nervous

then he starts to warm up to the idea and get excited


Now, I don't have pictures of his next expressions. Once the ride actually started, it went so fast that he grabbed on to me. I had to quickly move up and down with the horse so he could hold on! Needless to say, we did not ride the carousel twice ;)

He liked the cars a bit more

but he liked the car ride photo op the best


My mom didn't have the chance to give him another haircut on our last visit, so I decided to take him to a "professional." He did well...mainly because he was sitting in a fire truck

We did a bit of itsy-bitsy spider while he was in the chair



The next adventure is a birthday party for three 2-year old girls. Because it was three families, they splurged on a petting zoo!
Of course the first animal Joey noticed was the mini horse

there were also goats

and lizards

and ducks

and bunnies, and chickens, and sheep, AND a tortoise (NOT a turtle, we were told)


but he still wanted to see the horse

and of course, cake :)


I also had my own adventure last week, I was invited to a special Theatre announcement that Wicked is coming to Sacramento in 2012. It included a couple live performances and a Wicked themed lunch. I took one of my BFFs and had a blast while Joey hung out with Grandma and Grandpa.
Witch hat tortilla chips!


Bonus pictures...
passed out after a fun birthday party

what to do when it's 105 degrees at the end of September? run around in only a diaper of course!

and try to put lotion in strange places, like a kitchen cupboard



We have another birthday party this weekend (what a surprise), then we hope to invoke fall weather with a trip to Apple Hill for apples and pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment