Thursday, September 23, 2010

September adventures

Remember last month when I promised to get back to my weekly blogging? Well, that didn't happen! I finally got all the pics and videos up on photobucket and now I am ready to post :)

I'll start with a video, I think this is actually from August, but it is so cute I want to share. Joey dancing with his Grandpa (Kevin's dad)


Over Labor day weekend we went to pioneer days in Old town Sac, Joey is really into horses right now and there were plenty of horses :)

Kevin "wearing" Joey



spotting horses



he liked walking the wooden sidewalks


riding in a horse-drawn wagon


pointing to the cavalry



getting to pet a mini horse


the icons of Sacramento, the tower bridge and a river boat


You know it is a fun day when he falls asleep almost immediately



Kevin took a week off of work so we could have a family vacation...of course our vacation was crashing at my parents in Santa Cruz for a few days, but it was still fun :)

Our first SC adventure was the Capitola art and wine festival. We have gone every year since I was a kid, it is always fun to peruse the beautiful art and jewelry...and taste wine ;)

Heading to Capitola village with Yaya and Papa


looking like a big kid

being super adorable


Hmmm, there is something curious over there


even with Papa, he still isn't sure about this accordion guy

they still gave him a tip


How all the guys look when my mom and I stop to look at yet another jewelry booth


finding a Joey friendly artist (we ended up buying him one of these puzzles)


He has the walking down, now he is working on running


Tired boy, he took a three hour nap and ended up missing most of his cousin's birthday party


Thomas was very excited to be turning 4


Joey finally woke up and was able to have some fun at Thomas' party



the next day, my mom and I volunteered at a wine booth pouring wine. It was a lot of fun and nice to spend a few hours in an adult focused activity.

We then headed to my friend Millie's son's baptism...of course I forgot the camera but it looks just like the one we did a year ago for her older son ;)

Our favorite part of the trip was the Monterey bay aquarium


as soon as we entered the aquarium, several people were there with stuffed animals and creatures to get the kids excited
Checking out the Seal puppet

baby jellyfish

giant (fake) starfish



very excited about Sea Otters...I realize that I make a very exaggerated excited face whenever he does something, obviously he is learning how to be dramatic from me


the entry to the jellyfish exhibit is an oval with sardines (or maybe it was anchovies)swimming around


colorful fish

penguins

a giant penguin

Kelp forest


Joey's favorite part...the touch pool





kissing an eel (don't worry, it was fake)


a really big clam


they had so many fun places to explore





more penguins



Kevin waiting to pet a bat ray



of course, we had to have some Clam Chowder (well, Kevin and Joey since I don't "do" seafood)


On our last day we headed to the Boardwalk, hoping to take Joey on the carousel. Unfortunately it was a weekday and the rides were all closed so we headed to the arcade instead





of course no trip would be complete without a trip to the beach





Bonus Pic, Joey and Kevin walking in a local park

No comments:

Post a Comment