This November, Kevin and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage...but that is legal marriage since we had a civil ceremony (presided over by my Uncle in an amazing setting and I would not change that). During our marriage we have been on a journey of Faith. My parents were not at all religious, I was never baptized but did attend church with my Grandmother as a child...so I have always considered myself generically Christian. Kevin was baptized and confirmed Catholic, and even though we tested the waters of other denominations, he loves and respects his true faith. So, for the past five years Kevin has never pushed or even nudged me toward the Catholic church...instead he has held my hand and allowed me to find my peace and place. I found solace in Mass, it gave me peace during the trials and tribulations of starting a family. After we were blessed to become Joey's parents the value of faith, religion, structure became even clearer. And so we realized that, of course, we would baptize Joey into the Catholic faith...but, we also wanted our marriage to be blessed and recognized by the church. We started meeting with the Deacon of the church and through our conversations realized we had an amazing connection...Kevin's Aunt used to run the Deacon program (she is a nun) that he attended! We decided that Aunt (Sister) Pat would be Joey's Godmother but were running into problems finding a Godfather since none of our male friends or families were active Christians. Well, the Deacon gave us the OK to only have a Godmother...I guess you can't get a better Godparent than a nun!! During the preparation for the baptism and convalidation I decided I would also like to be baptized and began RCIA. I am so happy with this decision and look forward to continuing my journey with Kevin and Joey :)
Joey hanging out with Yaya before the wedding ceremony starts

My mom doing the first reading from the Old Testament (a beautiful love poem from Song of Songs)


I don't know what I was laughing at

Getting Joey ready to be baptized (I made him a baptismal gown...I don't think he is too thrilled about wearing a "dress")


The baptism










With my mom and Grandma

All the Grandparents

Family pictures (Kev cut himself shaving, hence the band aid)


Bonus Pictures, Joey and His Yaya...he loves his Yaya and I love their matching smiles

No comments:
Post a Comment