Joey and I are down visiting my parents for the week, and to see my friend's new baby. So, I took his 11 month pictures on Tuesday before we left thinking I would be able to quickly post them yesterday. Well, the universe had different plans and things went terribly wrong yesterday. Joey was perfectly fine up until about 11am, then he started showing signs of abdominal distress and refused food and water. I used every trick to treat constipation, thinking that was the culprit, to no avail. Then, around 5:30 he felt very warm and his temp was 101.7. I had already been in contact with an advise nurse and I immediately called back with this new development (some may think 101 isn't very high but Joey has never had a temp that high). As I was talking to the nurse, Joey was laying on my chest and she could hear him breathing. He was breathing very exasperatedly with a whimper, again I was assuming this was abdominal and he was whimpering in pain. The nurse said we needed to bring him in to the ER. So, my dad drove us (Kevin is still at home) 40 miles to the nearest Kaiser ER. When we got to the Triage nurse his temperature was up to 103.3 and they took us back immediately Long story short, after much poking, prodding, x-raying and a lot of crying (for the both of us) he has a slight viral pneumonia. The biggest problem was dehydration (since he refused to eat or drink along with the high fever). They ended up keeping us overnight to make sure they got enough fluids in him through an IV. By this morning, he was halfway back to normal Joey mode, and drank a bottle. Then he ate some cheerios and apple sauce, so things continued to look up. The doctor discharged us before noon, and he continued to get better through the day. By the time we got back to my parents he wanted to just crawl and play and I finally let out the breath I was holding in. So, that is the traumatic way he spent his 11 month birthday and it turns out it was a good thing I took pictures on Tuesday!



and he doesn't like to sit still anymore


and one more bonus pic

I'm sure I will have more pictures next week after we celebrate Mother's day...as long as we all stay healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment