Thursday, August 13, 2009

All about a desk

I started working at Pottery Barn Kids last year around November, it was a fun part-time job that got me out of the house and the discount is fantastic. Well, my sister-in-law casually mentioned our neice was asking for a new desk for her 11th birthday. I told her I could use my discount to get a PBK desk. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda we decided on a desk, turned out to be ship to store and fast forward to Sunday June 7...I was working the afternoon shift. Turns out the desk had arrived, and it was really slow in the store. My boss told me to bring my car around and load up the desk. Ok, I am getting to the important part...this was about 4 pm and the only reason I had my cell phone on me was to call Kevin so he could let his brother know the desk had arrived. Just as I am about to walk back into the store and about two steps away from the no signal zone my phone rang. This phone call ended up being THE call about Joey. If it weren't for this desk, I never would have been outside with my cellphone and I would have missed the call!!

Fast forward two months and the desk is still sitting in our garage because it is in three large boxes. We finally decided to deliver it to our neice over the weekend, but I am kinda sad to see it go. When Joey is older I will have to tell him how special his cousin Jordan's green desk is :)

We figured since we were already halfway there, might as well keep driving down to Santa Cruz and spend the weekend at my parents. My grandma had an accident at Bingo and ended up breaking her hip (poor Gigi!) so it was a good opportunity to visit her and give her the best medicine a smile from Joey :D Our nephew Sal also decided he was brave enough to go on the Giant Dipper roller coaster so we all went along and Joey had his first (of many I'm sure) visits to the Boardwalk. And this is where the pictures come from...

My mom loves Joey so much, and he loves her too
(I'm sure my mom will hate me posting this pic, but I just think it is adorable)
Photobucket
He just knows Ma is going to do something funny
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My brother, sister-in-law and nephews planted an amazing garden at my parents house
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sal holding Joey, you can see by the blur of his arm and leg how active Joey's limbs are now
Photobucket

Going to the Boardwalk!
Photobucket
Sal is just tall enough to ride, but Thomas isn't quite there
Photobucket
Photobucket
He decided Ma could ride with him the first time
Photobucket

I had to buy a sexy hat at the gift shop because it was HOT, well hot for Santa Cruz which is like 85 ;)
Photobucket
Sal survived the coaster, but his heart was beating fast
Photobucket
Having fun on the Merry-go-round
Photobucket
Photobucket
Joey looks so cute in his hat, this is good practice for Hawaii :)
Photobucket
Sal giving Joey a kiss goodbye (Sal is such a good cousin!)
Photobucket
Happy to be back in the air-conditioned car
Photobucket

Just some extra pics....
Joey and Toughy hanging out
Photobucket
Joey showing off his impressive head raising skills
Photobucket
Photobucket

We want to wish Gigi a swift recovery, we all love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment