That is the best word to describe being a mother. I have been peed on, puked on and almost pooped on and I don't care because it is just bliss. He is such a good baby (knock on wood) and is so snuggly I am brought to tears on a daily basis. He has has so many visitors and well wishes and gifts I am overwhelmed by it all. We had our first bath on Saturday morning, and he did great. Fortunately I have an amazing mommy support network amongst my friends (especially Auntie Jen and Auntie Lauren), and my mom just spent the weekend with us...even letting Kevin and I sleep ALL night on saturday! We are settling in at home, realizing that dishes and laundry are never done :) Toughy has been great with Joey, I thought he would be jealous of the baby but he instantly understood that Joey is an extension of me and instead of jealousy, his protective insticts kicked in. I took over 300 pictures the first week, so I am giving him a few days reprieve from the camera...unless he does something adorable (which is inevitable). Here are some more pictures (I am working on the announcements too) and a little video of his first bath (with all private bits edited out for internet safety).



this is my favorite
You ROCK as a mommy... as I knew you would!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Joey - they grow up so quickly!